May 26, 2020
Dear Friends and Colleagues:
We hope you and yours are faring well in these challenging times and keeping connected with what matters most. We at the Transformative Action Project (TAP) are working remotely, and trying to meet the days ahead with both mindful practice and creative engagement! We are also busy determining what services we can continue to offer, at this time.
Not surprisingly, all of our In-Person, Community-Based TAP Interventions and Workshops are being suspended until we can safely resume them. In lieu of these services we are working on ways to be available on-line, by phone and via teleconferencing. We will be letting you know about the roll out of the activities through newsletters, our new Facebook page and our website. All remotely accessed activities will be offered through ZOOM. Some will be live, recurring and interactive, others will be video demos or workshops which can be accessed at any time, and some will be at the request of organizations and groups who are interested in co-designing activities best suited to those they serve.
TAP Services that we are able to offer remotely are:
Recurring Live, Drop-In Activities
TAP staff will be offering a variety of recurring live ZOOM interactive sessions including mindfulness practices, TAP Moments of Art-making and Q & A sessions. The first of these to be up and running is our Morning Mindfulness Practice:
- TAP MORNING MINDFULNESS PRACTICES
TAP’s Director of Mindful Practices, Barbara Hamm, will be offering 30-minute trauma-sensitive mindfulness sessions from 8:30-9:00 AM each weekday morning, beginning on Monday, April 27, 2020 and continuing through June 30, 2020. These are free, open to all, and do not require prior registration. CLICK HERE to access the ZOOM link.
- TAP MOMENT OF ART-MAKING ~ HOPE SCROLLS
Recurring Meetings on Wednesdays: May 6-May 27, 2020 at 9:30 AM – 10:15 AM
Join TAP’s director of Creative Engagement, L’Merchie Frazier, lead you in an art-making and life -affirming activities. These are single episode events which will be offered episodically. CLICK HERE to access the ZOOM link for this first offering.
Are you part of an organization or community group that would like a TAP activity designed specifically to meet your needs and those whom you serve? These are possibilities for co-designing your intervention with TAP staff:
Trauma-Informed Mindfulness Practice
Psychologist Barbara Hamm, TAP Director of Trauma-Informed Intervention and Mindful Practice, is able to offer on-line mindfulness sessions. There are a range of possibilities from scheduled community-wide drop in sessions to those tailored to the specific needs of your organization or group.
Ongoing Trauma-Informed Creative Engagement Intervention
Consultation and Co-Design
(Consultation and Co-Design Services are provided by all TAP Providers)
- If you, or your organization, are working remotely with clients to whom we have previously provided services, TAP staff are able to communicate with you about the ongoing co-design of activities to engage and benefit them. We are also able to review and evaluate with you TAP services offered with you to date.
- If you, or your organization, have yet to work directly with us, but are trying to provide remote services to clients who have been affected by exposure to violence and/or have suffered the traumatic antecedents of such exposure, TAP staff are able to consult and co-design with you ways you might integrate creative activities and mindful practice into such work.
- If you are a clinician working remotely with clients who struggle with the aftermath of traumatic exposure, we are able to offer consultation with you about how you might integrate creative activities and mindful practice into your work with them.
- Finally, if you are a victim service provider who is feeling the impact of secondary traumatic stress, we are able to provide remote consultation regarding ways that your own well-being might be enhanced by mindful practice and creative engagement.
If you would like a consultation or to begin a co-designing session we can speak by phone or virtually “meet” with you individually through a ZOOM session. Alternatively, you could join our TAP remote Staff Meeting held Monday mornings. We are holding the 10:30-11:30 hour for consultation sessions with client organizations.
These TAP services can be accessed in the following ways:
- If you wish to access or learn more about any TAP service, please email: email@example.com and we will get back to you promptly.
- Resource Links for Individuals, Organizations and Communities Impacted by Violence: Both TAP and Violence Transformed will be continuously updating links to resources that we believe our colleagues and client organizations will find helpful. Please visit our websites:
Thank you for the work you do and for collaborating with us and other victim service providers at this challenging time.
With Warm Regards,
TAP Director of Mindful Practice & Trauma-Informed Intervention
TAP Director of Creative Engagement
TAP Psychologist, Artist & Director of Violence Transformed
TAP Legal System Advisor & Executive Director, The Public Health Advocacy Institute
TAP Administrative Coordinator
TAP is an initiative of Violence Transformed and the Public Health Advocacy Institute at Northeastern University School of LAW. All TAP Services are Free of Charge and Funded by the Federal Victims of Crime Act Funds Awarded by the Massachusetts Office for Victim Assistance.